The simplest of healthy desserts. No sweetener added, just the dates. Serve with your favourite berries, frozen, defrosted or fresh.
- 2 cups soaked cashew nuts, soaked for at least 2 hours, ideally longer (best overnight). A quick fix is to soak in hot water for 10 or 20 minutes, but the cream won't come out exactly as creamy.
- ⅓ cup almond or soy milk, more if needed to get to desired consistency
- 6 dates, stone free, soaked for ten minutes (to soften a little)
- 1 tsp. vanilla powder, more to taste
- Remove the soaking water from the nuts and the dates. Place in a blender, add the vanilla powder and run on high speed until you have a completely smooth and creamy cream (or use a hand blender if you prefer). Taste and add more vanilla powder if you prefer a stronger flavour. Add more soy/almond milk to get the right consistency.
- Place the berries of your choice on plates and top with the cream. Garnish with some vanilla powder. Enjoy!