I have this new obsession with black bean pasta. Such a great invention. Today I served it with a simple stir fry of garlic, edamame beans, olive oil, sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. It doesn’t get much easier yet it tastes amazing. You can of course add any kind of pasta to this stir-fry, but I highly recommend seeking out a bean version as this is low-carb, high-protein and comes with so much delicious flavor.
- 200 g black bean pasta (or other pasta of your choice)
- 4 cloves garlic, very thinly sliced (or shaved)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 150 - 200 g frozen edamame beans, shelled from their pods
- A little sea salt
- Fresh black pepper
- Boil the black bean pasta according to instructions. This normally only takes 3 to 5 minutes - be prepared to get the stir-fry ready in the meantime.
- Bring a frying pan to medium heat, add the olive oil, the garlic and the edamame beans. Stir-fry for a couple of minutes until the edamame beans are warm through out.
- Add the boiled black bean pasta to the frying pan and gently toss. Add freshly cracked black pepper and sea salt to taste. Serve immediately.