My daughter had a friend over yesterday and they wanted to bake, so we decided to go for a Swedish classic – chokladbollar (no excellent english translation for it…), albeit in a updated version. These ones are much more nutritious and (I think) even better tasting than the ones I made with my mom when I was little. We added hazelnut which gave them that extra little extra, and needless to say they were all gone by the time the day came to an end.
- 1 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup hazelnut butter
- 1.5 cups oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut, more to roll them in
- ½ cup agave
- ½ cup cacao powder (raw if available to you)
- Melt the coconut oil in a pot on low heat. Then add the other ingredients and stir it all together thoroughly.
- Remove the dough over to a baking bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the dough is firm enough to work with. It will help if you give it a stir a few times while it is in the freezer.
- Place some shredded coconut on a plate. Using your hands, shape little round balls/bites and roll/coat them in the coconut. Place in the fridge for a few hours before serving, OR if you are in a rush - and who isn't, waiting for these - put them back in the fridge for ten or so minutes until they firm up just a little bit. Enjoy.