This is my sonís favourite snack, and Iím very happy about it since is packed with antioxidants, healthy fats and fibre. It can be breakfast, snack or a healthier dessert.Gojji berries, the key ingredient here, is by many called a super food and has been used for medicinal purposes in part of the world for thousands of years for a variety of reasons. Reading about them the benefits seem endless (even if some claims still need further scientific evidence): they boost the immune system, fight inflammation, regulate blood sugar and lower cholesterol.
- ⅓ cup gojji berries, soaked for ten minutes, then remove excess water
- 4 dates (stone free, soaked with the gojji berries)
- 200 ml coconut milk (a small can)
- Flesh from 1 mango
- ⅓ cup chia seeds
- ⅔ cup water
- Optional 1: a little ginger (approx Ĺ thumb size, peeled and chopped) for extra spice
- Optional 2: 1 tbsp raw honey or agave (optional, use if you want to have it sweeter
- Soak the gojji berries together with the dates to soften, for ten minutes.
- Place all ingredients in a food processer and run on full speed until completely smoot
- Place in the fridge for one hour (or over night, since this is an excellent breakfast).