Itís nothing Iím happy or proud about, but I am well known to have a pretty terrible sweet tooth. And this, eh, condition, in combination with a genuine interest for healthy and vegan living, defaults to a frequent (constant) search for healthy and vegan treats that still taste amazing. Iím just not willing to settle on this one!I made this for dessert the other day Ė healthy ice cream which both I, our guests and all kids loved. It you are, just like I am, on the hunt for healthy food your kids will show true appreciation for, then donít give this one a miss. Plenty of antioxidants and healthy fats in one yummy bowl!
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked, excess water removed
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted over a water bath
- 2 cups frozen berries (mixed or your favourite kind)
- Ĺ cup almond milk
- 6 dates
- 2 tbsp white almond butter
- A little agave (taste your way to your preferred level of sweetness)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and let it run until you have a completely smooth cream. You might need to sometimes stop the blender and manually scrape the ingredients off the walls in order for absolutely everything to blend nicely.
- Pour it into a bowl and place it in the freezer for one hour, giving it a little swirl one or two times while waiting. If you leave it in the freezer for longer, then take it out approximately 20 minutes before serving.