These two amazing whole roasted vegetables work really well as a side dish or the main attraction. You can slice them or cut them up into chunks.
1 hour 10 mins
- 1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1 small to medium sized head of broccoli
- THE MARINADE
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp balsamico
- 1.5 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 large red onion, very finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 2.5 tbsp liquid honey
- ½ tsp salt
- THE SAUCE
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¾ cups soy milk
- ⅓ tsp salt
- ¾ cups olive oil
- What remains of the marinade when the broccoli and cauliflower are done in the oven.
- Turn the oven to 160 degrees.
- Place all marinade ingredients in a cup and whisk together.
- Place the broccoli and cauliflower next to each other in an oven tray. Remove the stalks so they are standing stable. Pour the marinade over both, rubbing it in so that all parts of the vegetables are properly coated. Gently separate the florets a little bit while doing this so the marinade reaches the inside of the vegetables for more flavour.
- Now, place the broccoli on a plate and set aside and place the oven tray with the cauliflower in the oven. Add the broccoli to the oven tray after approximately 30 minutes (this takes shorter time to bake, if they are about the same size). After another 20-30 minutes (50 min to 1 hour in total) both will likely be ready, but do check with a fork so they're tender. If not, leave in in the oven for a little while longer.
- In the meantime, start to make the sauce. Place the chopped garlic, salt and the soy milk in a blender and run for half minute, before very slowly - still with blender on full speed - adding the olive oil. The 'slow' in the process will help the sauce to thicken afterwords so take your time with this step. Pour the sauce into a bowl and place in the fridge. When the vegetables are ready, add the remainder of the marinade to the sauce bowl, stir, and serve on the side. The broccoli and the cauliflower can be sliced, or broken up into chunks.