OUR WHITE TAHINI AT A GLANCE
- Very mild in flavor. Made from organic, gently toasted, peeled, high-quality sesame seeds
- No additives (no salt, sugar or oil)
- Organic, gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free, non-GMO
- Perfect consistency: smooth and extremely creamy
- An allrounder kitchen staple: add to dips, hummus, dressings, sauces and baked goods
- Rich in magnesium, calcium, iron, vitamin B1, B6 and unsaturated fats
- One percent of your purchase helps protect the environment through the organization 1% For the Planet.
Nutritional values per 100 g
|Energy||2795 kj / 677 kcal|
|- davon gesättigte||9,4 g|
|- Of which sugar||2,9 g|
May contain traces of almonds, cashews, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts and hazelnuts. Produced in
The perfect hummus, requires three key things:
- 1. High quality ingredients
- 2. Time! The longer you mix it, the smoother it will be.
- 3. Dont mix everything at once; add the chickpeas separately and the olive oil separately. This will build both amazing flavor and consistency.
If you follow these steps, you will get a really creamy, lovely and mild hummus. Here is how we make ours.
- 3 tbs Planet Plant-Based white tahini
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 jar (400g) chickpeas, drained
- 2 to 3 tbsp olive oil
Start by blending the tahini, lemon juice, water, garlic, salt and cumin. This should mix for at least a minute since this will help the flavors build and to create a very smooth consistency. Then add the chickpeas and mix until not only all is blended properly, but until it is really velvety in consistency. This will take a few minutes but is worth the time. If you want a looser consistency, add a little more water. And check the flavoring; add more lemon, salt and perhaps cumin.
The last thing is to carefully stir in olive oil at the top before serving. Enjoy!
TIP! The image here shows roasted chickpeas as garnish; simply place one jar of (drained) chickpeas on an oven tray, with a little olive oil, salt and curcuma (massage it in so all are evenly covered). Roast for 25 minutes (stir a few times to avoid burning) on 200 degrees until crunchy.