Oh my, is there a lot of eating going on in December…. Christmas parties and Christmas planning and sweet treats and gluwhein. Enough was enough yesterday so I made my ‘raw detox salad’ for lunch. Nutrient packed and light and very tasty.
- 6 carrots, shredded
- 1 small red cabbage, chopped finely
- 5 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 medium sized head of broccoli, very finely chopped (or shredded)
- 2 avocados, chopped into chunks
- ¾ cup almonds, roughly chopped
- Juice from ½ orange
- 3 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp tamari (or other soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ thumb size ginger, finely chopped
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Place in a bowl the shredded carrots, the chopped cabbage and avocado, the baby spinach, the finely chopped or shredded broccoli and the chopped almonds. Toss it gently.
- Evenly drizzle the dressing over the salad to make sure all is nicely coated. Serve immediately.