So here we have another ‘close to raw’ recipe. The ‘spaghetti’ is actually raw zucchini, but I warm or heat up some of the other ingredients a little bit, as that’s what I feel one need this time of the year, in this part of the world. Without a doubt it can easily be converted into a 100% uncooked dish though, if thats a preference. Just marinate the tomatoes instead of roasting them, and skip warming the sauce ingredients, and just blend them raw instead.
- THE ROASTED TOMATOES
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Leaves from 2 stems thyme
- Leaves from 2 stems oregano
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- ˝ tsp. salt
- THE ZUCCHINI SPAGHETTI
- 3 zucchini, washed not peeled
- THE SAUCE
- 1 small clove garlic
- Leaves from 5 stems oregano
- Leaves from 5 stems thyme
- ˝ cup almond milk
- ˝ cup pistachios
- ˝ tsp. salt, more to taste
- 2 avocados
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the halved tomatoes on an oven tray and sprinkle over the thyme leaves, the oregano leaves, the chopped garlic and the salt. Place in the oven and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make spaghetti out of the zucchini using a mandolin (which is what I used) or a peeler. Set a side.
- In a pot on very low heat, slowly warm up the garlic, oregano, thyme, almond milk, pistachios and salt for a minute or two. Then remove from the stove, add the avocado and mix it all into a smooth and creamy sauce using a blender.
- Add the sauce to the zucchini spaghetti and toss until the sauce is evenly coating the zucchini spaghetti. Garnish with the roasted tomatoes and some pistachio nuts.