This is a really hearty and filling meal yet still both low-carb and low calorie which for many of us isnít a bad thing, especially in January after all holiday indulgences. The cauliflower crumble is a really tasty, healthy and gluten-free alternative to couscous.
- 1 cup of beluga lentils
- 2 tbsp high quality vegetable stock
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small head of cauliflower, shredded
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- A little salt
- 1 small bulb fennel, thinly sliced/shaved
- 12 dates, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice from Ĺ lemon
- 1 tbsp agave or honey
- 3 tbsp water
- A little salt 2 tsp balsamico vinegar
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees. Boil the lentils with the vegetable stock according to package instructions. Remove any left over water.
- Prepare an oven tray where half is covered with the shredded cauliflower, half is for the halved tomatoes. Place the red onion slices on top and sprinkle over the garlic, the thyme, the oregano and the salt. Place in thew oven and bake for 30 minutes. Give the cauliflower a quick stir a couple of times whilst in the oven.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Place the lentils and the cauliflower on a serving plate. Add the fennel and the dates and give it a toss. Add the tomatoes on top and serve with the dressing on the side. Garnish with a few stems fresh herbs.