- 1 medium sized aubergine (eggplant), sliced into batons
- THE MARINADE
- 1 thumb-sized ginger very finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1.5 tbsp sesam oil
- 2 tbsp tamari or other gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, very finally chopped
- ⅓ cup water
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients in a cup.
- Bring a pan to medium heat and add the marinade and the aubergine batons. Fry for two to three minutes while occasionally stirring, until most of the liquid has evaporated. The eggplant batons should be completely soft and marinated throughout.
- Serve while warm..