Potatoes roasted to perfection – perhaps the king amongst side dishes? So delicious I’d eat it as a main any day of the week.
- Potatoes, un-peeled, any kind, chopped into bite-sized chunks.
- A few very generous dollops of olive oil
- A few generous sprinkles of sea salt
- Heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Place the chopped potatoes in a large oven tray.
- IDrizzle over a generous amount of olive oil, sprinkle over the sea salt and the thyme. Massage it in using your hands so that all parts of all potatoes are properly coated.
- Place in the oven and roast for at least 30 to 40 minutes, until cooked throughout and crisp and a little brown on the outside (timing will depend on oven and size of potato chunks, so keep an eye!). Add more sea salt before serving. Garnish with some fresh thyme (optional).