A number of scientific studies lately have shown that the spice turmeric very likely comes with some incredibly strong health benefits, including lowering inflammation in the body and preventing cancer and Alzheimerís. So it is definitely a very good idea to add it to your diet whenever possible. Unfortunately, I am often struggling with the taste (I really dislike it in smoothies or juices for example) so Iíve had to experiment a little to incorporate it into my meals. This morning, I added it to my porridge together with lots of cinnamon, plums and medjool dates and it tasted fantastic.
- 2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 4 cups liquid, e.g. 2 cups water and 2 cups almond milk (more milk to serve)
- 2 fresh plums, chopped into pieces (stones removed)
- 4 medjool dates, chopped (stones removed)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- Ĺ tbsp turmeric
- ⅓ tsp salt
- A little honey to serve (optional)
- Just place all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Leave on low heat, boiling, while frequently stirring for about five to seven minutes. Add a little more liquid throughout cooking if needed to not be too dry/firm. Serve with a little extra milk, and perhaps a few drops honey.